Call for Research Participants

marcosaraujo

Dear guitarist:

I’m a doctoral student in Performance Studies (domain of music performance) at University of Aveiro, Portugal, and I am investigating the relationships between musical practice behaviours and the likelihood of flow state occurring in several instrumentalists, including the guitarists. I want to establish the key factors in creating flow states (creative state of intense engagement in an activity) in musical practice and performance. To do this, I have developed a short anonymous online survey that should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. In this survey you will be asked anonymous questions about your musical background and about some attitudes and feelings that you may approach/feel when practising.

You can take part on this survey if you are:

· An active musician (higher education performance students and professional guitarists).

You can contribute as well:

. If you are associated with institutions or groups that include musicians, for instance, orchestras, bands, forums, foundations, etc.) please would you forward on my request.
. And, if you have friends or colleagues who are active instrumentalists, please forward the email/link to them.

Your participation in the survey is crucial. You will be helping develop this new measure of practice behaviours in higher education guitarists and professionals. Please access the following link, or copy and paste it into your browser.

LINK: http://questionarios.ua.pt/index.php/589964/lang-en

If you have any question about this, please send me an e-mail (marcosaraujo.sm@gmail.com). I can read Portuguese and Spanish as well.

Thank you very much!

Marcos Araújo
PhD Student / Classical Guitar Teacher
Department of Communication and Art
University of Aveiro
marcosaraujo@ua.pt

Phone: (351) 934404052

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/marcosarujo

Amigo Marcos,

Espero que algunos de nuestros usuarios puedan colaborar en tu trabajo. Un pequeño abstract de tu propuesta escrito en español podría ayudar a ello.

Por el momento, y por mi parte, nada más que ofrecerte una acuarela de mi colección que seguramente te interese por el apellido del autor (aunque ya sé que es muy frecuente en Portugal). La realizó Joaquín Araujo Ruano en 1899 y se publicó en La Ilustración Ibérica del 17 de mayo de 1890.

Araujo_100.jpg

Firma Araujo.jpg

Atrás